The modern world can be a challenging and difficult place for all of us. Life seems more complex and pressured with everyone busy and hurried. It is easy to become depleted physically, emotionally and spiritually in these circumstances, and to lose touch with what’s important.
Orama is literally an oasis that can help restore body and soul and give you a real break. You can really relax here in a stunning seaside location, surrounded by peace, the natural beauty of the bay and the hospitality of a supportive on-site community. Here you have an opportunity to recharge and head back into life with renewed focus and sense of well-being.
Popular restorative activities include:
- Contemplating the glorious sunsets to the west from the front porch of the lodge or bench seats on the foreshore
- Walking (30 mins) to the lookout and contemplating the beautiful 360 degree views of Karaka and Katherine Bay's
- Rock-hopping around the foreshore of Karaka Bay at low tide
- Bush-walking in the Kotuku Peninsular and Glenfern Sanctuarys
- Enjoying the antics of the prolific bird life - gannets, native Pateke, Kaka, Kereru, Oyster Catchers, Tui
- Kayaking or paddle-boarding across the bay, exploring the many nooks-and-crannies and marveling at the clarity of the water
- Swimming out to the pontoon
- Taking time to be alone and quiet in the chapel - meditating or creating
- Relaxing and reading a book upstairs in the lounge - all cosy with a nice warm fire (in the winter)
- Gazing up at the amazing night sky - especially after lights out at 10:30pm